Anilio venue sister centre
Kalikalos Kissos Venue
After dinner washing up
Room “H” at Kissos Venue
Sunday lunch on the patio
Roundhouse group room
Kissos village main street
Hotel Alexandros terrace
FAQ About Us
How did it all start?
- In 2001 a group of former Findhorn community members, headed by herbalist Jock Millenson found a venue in Anilio, Pelion where they could bring what they liked best about Findhorn to a warm, sunny seaside environment
- In 2005 with the project growing, the group lost the lease at Anilio and two key members to illness, and were obliged to disperse.
- In 2008 Kalikalos revived in a new venue 3km from Anilio at Kissos village.
- In 2009 the lease to the original venue became available. Retaining Kissos, the group expanded back to Anilio, operating two campuses.
- In 2010 the Anilio group elected to become independent leaving two closely related projects—Kalikalos-Kissos and Anilio-STK—sharing resources and a common holistic vision.
What’s unique about Kalikalos?
- The combination of workshop experience with seaside holiday in which everyone coming here becomes a full member of the temporary but authentic community that is responsible for each week.
- The location: well off the beaten foreign tourist track--combining a lush green forest ecosystem with gorgeous sandy Aegean beaches.
- A place to practice living and thinking holistically—to use your holiday to save the earth!
- A place to meet other new friends who share your aspirations for a better world of peace, partership and sustainability.
- A living-in-community guest programme for those not wanting a workshop.
What is Authentic Community?
- M. Scott Peck’s emphasis on transparency and authenticity inspires us.
- A place to practice living and risking sharing your unique gifts and making them count toward building the better world that in your heart you know is possible.
What are the 6-7 hr of work I do as a community member?
- Join evening cooking team once: 18:00-20:30
- Helping with two evening meals cleanup (approx 21:15-21:45)
- Garden work one evening, watering, weeding, harvesting. (18:30 – 20:00)
- Joining Friday morning Centre cleanup & restore (09:30 – 11:30)
Are there any other community obligations?
What Accommodation is provided at the Centre?
- 7 rooms in the hotel, one triple, one ensuite quad, four twins, (two ensuite).
- Five rooms at two neighboring guest house sharing common showers/toilets.
- Five tent spaces and some tents with comfortable foam mattresses.
What are the facilities?
- Small two floor hotel with mini kitchen for preparing tea and coffee.
- Separate main kitchen building and patio for meals and used by art workshops
- Cyber lounge and wireless internet (wi fi) to most rooms.
- 7m round reciprocal framed workshop/retreat space
- 5m yurt for small groups, 1-1 healing sessions and overnight intimacy
- Universal sanctuary overlooking the sea, open 24 hr for quiet contemplation
- In July 2013 we also rent the 3* Hotel Alexandros, near Plaka beach
Costs: What’s included in the price of a week-long workshop?
- Approximately 20 hr of sessions (usually mornings).
- 6 evening meals (we eat out on Tuesday evening).
- 6 snack lunches (packed as picnic box on request)
- Shared accommodation (singles or guaranteed twins bookable with supplement)
- Daily lift (15’) to/from local beach at Ag Ioannis
How do I book?
- Deposits for workshops or retreats are non-refundable. However, they can be transferred to a friend or deferred for this or the following season should you be obliged to change your plans.
- Staff orientation, staff adjunct, FIR and workcamp payments are non-refundable but are also transferable and deferrable for up to two years.
- Accommodation supplements are non-refundable and non-deferrable.
- Balances or full payments for workshops, retreats and the community guest programme are partially refundable according to this schedule: cancellation at least 3 months in advance, 80% refundable; Cancellation at least 2 months in advance, 67% refundable, Cancellation at least 1 month in advance 50% refundable, cancellation equal to or less than 30 days in advance, non-refundable but transferrable or deferrable.
What is the typical daily schedule at Kalikalos?
- 0730 Qi Gong, Yoga, Tai Chi (on most weeks)
- 0805 Morning sanctuary meditation
- 0830 Breakfast
- 0910 Breakfast cleanup
- 0930 Staff Work Attunement / Community meeting on Saturday
- 1000 Staff Work / Workshop Session
- 1330 Staff lunch / beach picnic for participants
- 1430 Beach / free time
- 1800 Kitchen and garden teams attune/second staff work period (Some workshop leaders may offer 1-1's at this time)
- 2030 Dinner
- 2110 Dinner cleanup (KP rota)
- 2145 Healing Circle / Sharing / Circle Dance / DVD /village pub etc Fireside community meeting on Thursday
Than a Suntan!
- 10% Discount for booking two workshop weeks
- 10% Discount for booking three Community Guest weeks and 15% for booking four Community Guest weeks
- 15% Discount for traveling overland (not applicable to Bulgaria, Turkey or Greece)
- 5-8% Discount for tent occupancy
Kalikalos Yurt & Blue Saloon