June 8th – 15th ’18

€400 

The Wild Voice a Voice Workshop with Valerie Stagg

This voice workshop will explore the idea that the voice is the mirror of the soul: (“let me underline that when I speak of singing I do not see it only as an artistic exercise but as a possibility and a means to know oneself and to transform this knowledge into conscious life.” Alfred Wolfsohn) At the same time the voice has its home in the body. We will focus on becoming more aware of our bodies and the natural flow of breath and sounds within. By exploring the connections between voice, body and soul we are enabled to express what is found there. A creative combination of vocal techniques, movement and bodywork encourages participants to experiment by releasing the power of their natural voices in a safe, supportive environment.

smaller-val

We will begin each day of the Singing Workshop gently, with plenty of time to tune in to our bodies, breath and voices: resting, rolling, stretching, shaking, bending, walking, dancing…… groaning, moaning, sighing, squealing……… whatever is needed to get ourselves into the flow where we can fully embody the voice in the moment. Attention will be given to listening to ourselves, each other and the stillness between the sounds. We will play with sound and rhythm games and create group soundscapes that can be meditative or playful. Practices which help to heal blocks in voice, emotions and body will be taught; one session being dedicated to the Voicing the Soul process which uses the Chakra system with individual affirmations. Sound meditations, toning and overtoning add to the exploration of the healing voice.

Each session will end in group singing, with an emphasis on chants which honour Mother Earth.

No singing experience is necessary for this Voice Workshop.

Benefits include:

• increased self-confidence and self-esteem

• relaxation of muscles

• better breathing

• enhanced creative expression

• bringing balance to body, mind and spirit

Testimonials from previous Voice Workshops

• Just home from a lovely night of toning, making rhythm and sound and listening and being listened to. Val is so skilled in gently bringing our sessions together. Thanks for tonight… will go to sleep with a grin and a hum.” Christl G.

• For the first time in my life I am singing! In tune too! Your workshops released my trapped voice! THANK YOU!! Alexia S.

• The group was facilitated gently and with strength, and appreciation of each other was developed from the start” Trudy D.

• Wow, I feel SO grateful, so released and so much sense of tribal sharing that I’ve been wanting and missing. Sang my little heart out tonight.” Rebecca W.

In the afternoons there will be time for the beach and relaxing in nature. Other opportunities for vocalising and for one-to-one healing sessions will be available.