26 May – 2 June
€ 470 — 770*
WORD BY WORD, LINE BY LINE, PAGE BY PAGE – THE INSIDE OUT WRITER
“I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.” — Flannery O’Connor
If you had the time to write what would you write that was true and from the heart? Whether it’s a novel, a book of short stories, blog posts or personal writing there’s a story we all have to tell on the page.
Our week-long writers retreat with Jackee Holder is open to the beginner and seasoned writer and for those hungry for protected time out in beautiful surroundings to connect with your writing voice. With little distraction and a host of creative and therapeutic writing activities you’ll dive deep into your writing in our morning and optional afternoon classes.
A creative incubator
The retreat is designed to be a creative incubator offering access to inspired content to coax you onto the page along with quality time and space to try out a range of writing techniques and tips which provide solutions and ways of not getting stymied by writer’s block and the tyranny of the inner critic that stops many writers in their tracks.
During your week you’ll have plenty of opportunity to stimulate your creative writing juices with walks out in nature, trips to the sea and our full moon writing mediation on the evening of the 21st May. You will feast on guided creative writing exercises, stimulating writing prompts and structured feedback in small groups designed as direct routes to get you motivated and inspired to write.
Over the course of the week you’ll receive affirmative feedback about your writing in a range of formats from your peers as well as engage in a one to one session with the retreat facilitator. The writing generated during the course of the week will be both personal and professional and provide future content and focus for future writing goals whether you are thinking of starting or already run a blog, want to increase your confidence in generating content for posting articles on social media or have a book you’re working on or would like to work on.
At the end of the week you will come away with a clear theme and direction for your future writing as well as a deeper connection with your own unique writing voice.
You’ll leave with a body of writing with personal meaning as well as an inspired writing action plan with support built in to help you achieve your writing intentions for the next six months.
WHAT WE WILL COVER
• How to engage in personal writing techniques which free up the mind and creates space for leveraging new writing opportunities
• Explore a range of writing approaches and methods guaranteed to help you craft appealing content for a range of platforms
• Learn how to become a better writer through regular writing practice and trusting the process
• Through writing in community discover your strengths and your unique writing voice and explore ways of bringing these alive on the page
• Try out different writing techniques that will help you build and generate themes and focus for crafting your personalized body of work
• A template that outlines the contents of a book proposal
• Mine the natural beauty of the Greek landscape to inspire and infuse your writing and creative thinking
The 26th is arrival day with check-in in the afternoon, registration and the welcome meal. From the 27th onward the workshop takes place in the morning from 09:30 – 13:30, the afternoons are beach time!
*Prices: include workshop plus full accommodation and 3 daily vegetarian meals (except of one night out in a Tavern): in a tent € 470, in a triple room € 520, in a twin room €620, in a single room €770.
All rooms are en suite twins or singles with a marvelous sea-view and a balcony, except for one triple with lovely sea-view but without balcony.