What are my responsibilities as a community member?
- Join the dinner cooking team once in the week, 6:15 – 8:00 pm
- Help with evening dinner clean-up twice in the week, 8:45 – 9:30 pm
- Help in the garden or the office twice a week for an hour in the late afternoon after the beach
- Join Friday morning cleanup and Centre restore, 09:30 – 11:30 am
- Attend the Saturday morning introductory community meeting (09:30 – 11:15) and any other (rare) community meeting
Can I stay without taking a workshop?
- Yes! We welcome you as a “Live-In-Community” guest!
What is Pelion like?
Trees on Mt Pelion
- Mt. Pilion is an impressive mountain peninsula four hours north of Athens, well off the beaten track of industrial tourism. The area combines a lush green forest ecosystem with gorgeous white sandy Aegean beaches. In Greek mythology Pelion was the home of the Centaurs and where Jason set off for the magic fleece. Over 2000 years ago it was the site of numerous healing Centres utilising fasting and dream interpretation.
What are the accommodations like?
The campuses feature:
- Shared accommodation, quite basic, in traditional Greek houses at Kissos and Anilio, and in a modern hotel at Alexandros
- Single or twin rooms can be booked upon request at additional cost
- Tent spaces for reduced tuition
- Indoor/outdoor kitchens with patios where participants gather for meals
- Cyber lounge with wireless internet, which extends to most bedrooms
- Non-denominational sanctuary open 24/7 for quiet contemplation
- Yurts for small group sessions, private 1-1 healing sessions and overnight intimacy
What does the price of a week-long workshop include?
- Buffet dinner
- 20 hours of workshop sessions, generally in the morning
- seven buffet breakfasts
- seven snack lunches
- six evening meals (we eat out on Tuesday evening)
- Shared (triple/quad) accommodation at Kissos and Anilio, twin accommodation at Alexandros.
- Daily lift to and from the local beaches at Ag. Ioannis (except Fridays)
What discounts are offered?
- 15% discount for traveling overland (not including countries bordering Greece)
- 10% discount for attending two or more workshops in the same season
- 10% discount on a community guest week attended before or after a workshop week
- 10% discount for attending three successive community guest weeks, 15% for attending four community guest weeks
- some campuses on some weeks offer tent discounts ranging from 5 to 10%
- Greek residents may apply for a 33% discount if needed
Can the whole family come?
- We welcome families during specially designated weeks of the season, especially during our annual two-week August family experience program held at both Anilio and Kissos campuses.
- Children age 4-7 come for 1/4 the published price, age 8-12 for 1/2 price
- Our August family weeks are a great option for families seeking affordable, educational and holistic holidays together, with access to healing arts, creative activities and cooperative games. Suitable for single or coupled parents with children aged 3 – 16.
How far apart are the centres?
- Kissos campus is the highest on the mountain of the three centres at an elevation of 525 m (often cool at night!)
- 2 km to the north is the Anilio campus, a little further down the mountain
- The Alexandros campus is the closest to the beach at an elevation of 145 m
- Walking to the beach takes about 1 hour from Kissos, 45 minutes from Anilio, and 15 minutes from Alexandros.
What is a typical day like at Kalikalos?
- 7:30 Qi Gong, Yoga, Tai Chi (on most weeks)
- 8:05 Morning sanctuary led meditation
- 8:30 Buffet Breakfast
- 9:05 Breakfast cleanup (everyone helps)
- 9:30 Staff Meeting Attunement / Community meeting on Saturday
- 9:30 – 13:30Workshop Session usually with a coffee/tea break midway
- 13:30 Buffet lunch and picnic boxes for the beach
- 14:30 — 17:45 Beach / free time
- 18:15 Guests and staff work together in kitchen, gardens and office
- 20:00 Dinner
- 20:45 Dinner cleanup
- 21:30 Village pub or café, film, healing circle, circle dance, campfire (Thursday)
- 23:00 Ashram mode, quiet time till the breakfast bell at 08:30
How do I book my stay?
- Book with credit/debit card on our secure online store, hosted by Paypal. Or email us for our bank details to make a sterling, euro or US dollar transfer.
What is the cancellation policy
- Deposits and payments for workshops cancelled by a leader or the Centre are fully refundable.
- In all other cases, deposits for workshops or retreats are non-refundable. However, they can be transferred to a friend or deferred for this or the following season should you be obliged to change your plans.
- Staff orientation, staff adjunct, FIR and workcamp payments are non-refundable but are also transferable and deferrable for up to two years.
- Accommodation supplements are non-refundable and non-deferrable.
- Balances or full payments for workshops, retreats and the community guest program are partially refundable according to this schedule: cancellation at least 3 months in advance, 80% refundable; Cancellation at least 2 months in advance, 67% refundable, cancellation at least 1 month in advance 50% refundable, cancellations equal to or less than 30 days in advance, non-refundable but transferrable or deferrable.
Please note that accommodation supplements, FIR payments, staff adjunct/orientation and workcamp fees are NON-REFUNDABLE although all of these except accommodation supplements can be deferred for up to two years.
Is Travel Insurance Required?
Travel insurance is required for all workshop participants, community guests and staff volunteers. EU residents please carry your E111 card. If you are a participant on a walking or hiking week, your travel insurance must cover repatriation.