Here is some basic information about traveling to Greece. For more specifics, check out these detailed travel tips compiled by Kalikalos visitors over the years.
COVID and International Travel
Before departing your home country, please inform yourself about COVID requirements related to your departure country, countries along your route of travel and in Greece. Please visit this website for a reliable source of up-to-date information about COVID-related requirements for arriving in Greece. Please visit this page on our website for all the details of our COVID Risk Reduction Plan.
Travel Overland if You Can
In the light of the increasing awareness of the benefits of slow travel, both for the mind, body and the planet, we support this ecological option by offering a 15% discount on all programmes at our centre (this offer is not applicable to Greece or countries that share a land or maritime border with Greece). Please keep receipts to claim this discount.
You can travel to Greece by rail, bus, ferry or some combination. Here are some helpful websites to help you plan your journey:
- Omio is an all-inclusive site for air, rail and bus travel planning and booking.
- Rail-Europe is where you can book rail travel in Europe.
- Go-Ferry is your one-stop shop for booking ferry passage to and from Greece.
- Seat 61 is a personal hobbyist site with advice about rail travel in Europe.
- TrainOSE is the Greek rail service for transport within Greece.
Flying to Greece
Don’t have time for a train journey? You can fly into multiple Greek airports, listed here in increasing distance from Anilio.
- Volos (VOL): There is a small airport near the city served by direct flights from Vienna, Gatwick, Munich and Amsterdam. There is regular bus transfer service to the main Volos KTEL bus terminal.
- Skiathos (JSI): Small airport on an an island close to Volos, served by direct flights from multiple European countries including the UK. From Skiathos you would then take a ferry to Volos Port, which is then a short walk to the KTEL bus terminal.
- Thessaloniki (SKG): A modern and busy airport served by multiple airlines from around Europe and the UK. There is regular rail and bus service from Thessaloniki to Volos.
- Corfu (CFU): An island on the western (Ionian) coast of Greece, served by multiple airlines from around Europe and the UK. Flying into Corfu is a bit more involved than other destinations and requires taking a ferry and then multiple buses to get to Volos.
- Athens (ATH): The largest and busiest airport in Greece, with many flights daily from around the world. There is regular rail and bus service from Athens to Volos.