Guided Walking & Swimming Holiday
with Michelle Brydie
September 3 - 10, 2022
You are invited to join me for a week of walking and swimming in the beautiful mountains and coastline of the Pelion. These guided walks will lead us down kalderimis, old donkey paths, relics from the days when donkeys were the only mode of transport. We will explore many of the unique towns, villages and beaches, each with its own charm. We will walk down through ancient forests, discovering waterfalls and pools of clear water to dive in to cool and refresh us.
This holiday is more than just walking and swimming. It is a blend of movement, relaxation and living in community. Staying at the Anilio campus you will be immersed in nature. Nestled in the village of Anilio with chestnut forests below and filled with a glorious array of vegetables and flowers, there are beautiful spaces to eat, relax and socialise, you can sing and dance or just relax. The food is vegetarian and delicious. You are invited to help with simple tasks such as washing up, food preparation and a spot of gardening (you choose). This is a great way to meet and connect as well as feel part of the unique community of people coming together for this week. Please use the links in the main menu to learn more about Kalikalos and Spiti ton Kentavron.
A sample itinerary for the walking and swimming week may look like this:
- Day 1: Arrival Saturday – meet each other, get acclimatised, explore your surroundings, evening meal.
- Day 2: Sunday – a.m. – community meeting – lunch – p.m. – a gentle walk down to Plaka beach with a potential detour to a coastal church.
- Day 3: Monday (all day) – a lift up to Kissos to explore the village and nearby pool, then walk down to Papa Nero beach.
- Day 4: Tuesday (all day) – After breakfast, a lift to Tsangaradha for morning coffee, walk down to Fakistra beach, then along to Damouchari (this is Taverna night!)
- Day 5: Wednesday (all day) – After breakfast, walk down to Aghios Ioannis, along to Damouchari, to hire kayaks, then kayak along the coast and back to Damouchari, then walk back to Papa Nero for pick up.
- Day 6: Thursday (all day) – early drop off at Ski resort then walk down through the forest taking in several waterfalls and pools before making our way back to the centre.
- Day 7: Friday (all day) – Drive to Zaghora for a morning coffee and explore then get dropped off at Pouri and walk down and along the coast to Agios Saranda to be picked up again.
- Day 8: Saturday – departure day.
For more information please see my website.
I live in Mid Wales and have always been a great lover of the outdoors. As a child I enjoyed exploring the wilds of Wales and beyond and my love of nature and exploration continues. I am a qualified Walking Group Leader and hold a current Outdoor First Aid certificate,…
Learn more about Michelle Brydie