It Takes a Whole Village
June 19 - 26, 2024
DRAFT LISTING Co-Creating Community and Sharing Our Gifts
Join the Kalikalos Community for a week of connection, creativity, learning, fun and surprises. In this week you have the opportunity to share a practice you love, facilitate a discussion you are interested in, teach a skill you find useful or just join sessions offered by others. Everyone on site has the opportunity to participate equally. In this way we can inspire each other, learn from each other, swap skills, form connection on many levels and take care of day by day life in this beautiful place and share the daily tasks.
Together we co-create a daily program in the “Morning Marketplace” and everyone has the freedom of choice over what they do during the sessions. We begin each day after breakfast with a community gathering which is a space for checking in with each other, some playful activities for fun and connection and move right into the daily Marketplace where anyone can offer a session on any topic. For each time slot there are a couple of locations available, thus multiple offerings are possible. There is also no shortage of opportunities to contribute in the work of the community.
Here are some examples of potential offerings you might attend:
- “Daily Tasks” of the community such as garden work, cleaning and maintenance.
- Meal preparation with the guidance of an experienced meal focaliser.
- Connecting activities such as sharing circles and dialogue groups.
- Learning activities such as mini-workshops to gain skill and knowledge.
- Creative activities such as art, music and dance.
- Nature-based activities such as hiking or forest exploration.
- Whatever else you can imagine!
If this all sounds a bit confusing or overwhelming, fear not! On the first full day of the workshop we gather for our regular Community Opening Circle, during which you will experience an interactive introduction to this framework.
Want to know more about the Co-Creative Framework? Click here to see more details.
The schedule this week will be largely the same as during a typical workshop, with the addition of a framework of sessions where people can make offerings. Here is an example of what it might look like:
- 08:30 – 09:15 Breakfast
- 09:30 – 10:15 Morning Circle and Marketplace (led by staff member)
- 10:30 – 11:45 Session 1 (includes daily tasks, coordinated by ops focaliser)
- 12:15 – 13:30 Session 2 (includes lunch prep, coordinated by lunch focaliser)
- 13:30 – 14:15 Lunch
- 14:30 – 18:30 Free Time (potential for offerings to be made off-site)
- 18:30 – 20:00 Session 3 (includes evening tasks and dinner prep, coordinated by dinner focaliser)
- 21:30 – 23:00 Session 4 (includes Pizza Night, Taverna Night and Closing Circle / Fireside Sharing)
Living in Community at Kalikalos
We hope to see you in the circle!